Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,430
  • Post Score: 47

06.01.2023 | 10:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.16.2023 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2
  • Also Known As: Noche UFC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier, Brandon Moreno
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,265,537
  • Attendance: 18,766
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexa Grasso   vs.   Valentina Shevchenko   Ends in a Draw, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Della Maddalena   defeats   Kevin Holland   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raul Rosas Jr.   defeats   Terrence Mitchell   via KO/TKO, Punches From Mount   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Zellhuber   defeats   Christos Giagos   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   3:26 Round 2 of 3, 8:26 Total Bout Page
Kyle Nelson   defeats   Fernando Padilla   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Elise Reed   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Josh Fremd   via KO/TKO, Liver Punch   4:44 Round 2 of 3, 9:44 Total Bout Page
Edgar Cháirez   vs.   Daniel Lacerda   Ends in a No Contest, Premature Stoppage   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tracy Cortez   defeats   Jasmine Jasudavicius   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charlie Campbell   defeats   Alex Reyes   via KO/TKO, Left Hook and Right Straight   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josefine Knutsson   defeats   Marnic Mann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

marskid
marskid
  • Predictions:  428  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  114
  • Post Score: 119

09.13.2023 | 3:01 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 370 Points   |   Tied for 3787th

(not mine, helping out a small channel)
Demigod_Dan
Demigod_Dan
  • Predictions:  649  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  828
  • Post Score: 126

09.13.2023 | 3:10 PM ET

@Rah123

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2019th

@Rah123 
Why are you always so moody? Getting yourself banned n **** LMAO.

"Self-imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence. "

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,391  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,450
  • Post Score: 135

09.13.2023 | 3:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

I'm liking this so many old school matchups style matchups size disparity, I see a lot of forced ethnic clashes too.
Roman V Josh is the most, tight effective at time powerful striker vs physical grappler. 
Whoever takes the initiative wins this one gameplan won't matter low chance it goes to decision.
Cortez is the elephant in the room no not fat but high probability she lose and is gifted another bad decision.
I think Valentina will badly whitewash Grasso here but that's what most of us thought last time
Finish is highly unlikely Val won't get spider monkeyed again.
Yes I picked a lot of finishes just my way of ordering the fabric of the universe pay it no mind.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Demigod_Dan
Demigod_Dan
  • Predictions:  649  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  828
  • Post Score: 126

09.13.2023 | 3:16 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2019th

Zellhuber SHOULD win... but if he's gunshy like he was against Ogden and just slightly in the lando fight, Christos can starch him if he's going to push forward aggressively, which he does..
 That's the only thing that worries me about Zellhuber.

"Self-imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence. "

phiphaiphophum
phiphaiphophum
  • Predictions:  48  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 167

09.13.2023 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 2483rd

@depmode33 
i think the safer bet is to bet "fight to start round 2" in a parlay
danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,860  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,931
  • Post Score: 92

09.13.2023 | 4:55 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1263rd

I think Holland will win, but it's not because of JDM's last fight and more that I think Holland is finally putting everything together. I think that Hafez is good, and if you look at JDM's strength of schedule, it's absurd. The only dude that isn't that great is Pete Rodriguez. In the regional scene, he beat Kevin Jousset who recently just got a win in his UFC debut. When you look at his UFC career, none of the dudes that he fought outside are scrubs. Yes, I know Roberts and Emeev are washed, but they were still a good test at the time bc of their experiences. Randy Brown has been the best non-ranked welterweight for a minute now and only thing that has stopped him is his chin. I think people also forget that he beat up Ange Loosa who has looked pretty good in the UFC so far and only hiccups have been getting fatigued from beating up on a dude for 2 1/2 rounds and losing to a dude on short notice that had a significant reach advantage on him and was known to be an elite kickboxer. If Loosa was able to have more time and implement a grappling heavy gameplan, he probably would've beat Lazzez. Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there that JDM's stock won't go down in this fight and still has championship potential imo unless he gets severely beat on the ground by Holland. I have Holland by a close decision
danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,860  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,931
  • Post Score: 92

09.13.2023 | 4:57 PM ET

Zellhuber vs. Giagos

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1263rd

If Zellhuber fights like he did on DWCS and his last fight, he'll either get the knockout or win decisively by decision. Giagos is a grizzly veteran tho that takes advantage of other people's mistakes and beats people that don't show up to fight 
TruDawgz
TruDawgz
  • Predictions:  2,436  |  70.6%
  • Forum Posts:  119
  • Post Score: 265

09.13.2023 | 5:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 37th with 12 others

Godinez vs. Reed
Lupita Godinez, DEC
Confidence: High / Bet: Loopy ML (Parlay) ,Loopy Points. Godinez should absolutely out class Redd. Godinez can be Champion if she had higher IQ her strong game is in the wrestling & she tends to go away from it but she is so far more skilled here.

Kopylov vs. Fremd
Roman Kopylov, TKO, R1
Confidence: High / Bet: Kopylov ML (Parlay) , Kopylov KO. Koplov is gonna be a huge problem on the feet for Fremd, Fremd just isn't that good he struggled to take down his last opponent and Pickett sucks. Kopylov all day hopefully he keeps that KO streak alive

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, TKO, R1
Confidence: Low / Bet: Fight does not go the Distance. This is gonna be a dog fight Lacerda fights wild and so does Chairez someone is getting knocked out here sit back and enjoy this fight

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Tracy Cortez, DEC
Confidence: Low

rackselmil
rackselmil
  • Predictions:  77  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 64

09.13.2023 | 7:57 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 4973rd

@depmode33 
she stuffed and reversed a lot of Miranda’s takedowns , nothing changes with Tracy Cortez . Jasmine by ko/decision 
LineStepper
LineStepper
  • Predictions:  47  |  80.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 260

09.13.2023 | 8:10 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2669th

Giagos could win but is sure as **** not knockin out zellhuber. The chance of him knocking himself out is higher than knocking out zellhuber
Richldnrd
Richldnrd
  • Predictions:  1,428  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -83

09.13.2023 | 8:25 PM ET

Charlie Campbell vs. Alex Reyes

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1326th

@Joshjeffords 
  How in the hell is Reyes supposed to make weight for this fight?  The entire weigh in rules need to be changed as follows:
1. WEIGH IN HAPPENS ON THE WAY TO THE RING FOR FIGHT
2. IF YOU MISS WEIGHT, YOU AUTOMATICALLY TAKE A LOSS & OPPONENT AWARDED A VICTORY!
3. MISSING WEIGHT FOR AN EVENT 3 TIMES EQUALS BAN FROM UFC
SIMPLE!

"“It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.” ~ Voltaire"

hom3r95
hom3r95
  • Predictions:  253  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 120

09.13.2023 | 8:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 5131st

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Jasmine Jasudavicius, TKO, R2
Cortez comes off a close fight vs Melissa Gatto who would have won if she werent so content accepting bottom guard positions. Tracy was getting worked on the feet, she had to desperately go for the takedown to win the fight. If it wasnt for Gatto stupidly accepting bottom positions she would have finished Tracy but here she is. I think Tracy's bjj defense is solid but Jasmine is a different animal. She wont go for risky bottom position subs. Jasmine fights for your money till the last round. Throws kicks and strike combos. Kicks ass!! Her only loss in the UFC is against Natalia Silva and she is top 5 fighter for sure so thats not bad at all.

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,830  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  189
  • Post Score: 44

09.13.2023 | 8:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 4071st

Campbell vs. Reyes
Charlie Campbell, DEC
Reyes ain’t fought since 2017

rt2113
rt2113
  • Predictions:  479  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 100

09.13.2023 | 8:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2669th

Grasso vs. Shevchenko II
Valentina Shevchenko, DEC
Shevchenko outclasses her for 5 rounds. I think that she has a dog in her and worked to get this one back. 49-46.

Holland vs. Maddalena
Kevin Holland, DEC
I just love Holland. I think he is so underrated and can do it standing or on the ground. It's gonna be close no doubt, but the experience for Holland will give him this one. 29-28.

Rosas Jr. vs. Mitchell
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
Rosas just shows him up. Gets the back and gets the rnc. Mitchell doesn't have a lot of resistance to offer.

Zellhuber vs. Giagos
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
Zellhuber is just better. More well rounded, better timing and power. He gets this one done. 29-28.

Padilla vs. Nelson
Fernando Padilla, TKO, R2
Padilla gets his work done on the inside and sleeps this bot in 2.

Godinez vs. Reed
Lupita Godinez, DEC
No idea. Loopy is just more manly so i'll take her easy decision.

Kopylov vs. Fremd
Roman Kopylov, TKO, R2
Kopylov by murder i think. Well improved and have great timing.

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, SUB, R2
I think chairez gets the knockdown then secures the rnc in round 2. Chairez is just better.

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Jasmine Jasudavicius, DEC
I think Jasmine has more hustle and i'll take the slight underdog here.

Campbell vs. Reyes
Charlie Campbell, TKO, R1
Reyes after 6 years off? No thanks. Campbell in 1

Knutsson vs. Mann
Josefine Knutsson, DEC
No idea. Just taking the heavy favorite.

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,391  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6,450
  • Post Score: 135

09.13.2023 | 9:12 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

@Richldnrd 
based on your background you would know better than me, I lift weight I don't cut it.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

ShaiZ
ShaiZ
  • Predictions:  342  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 17

09.13.2023 | 9:13 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4848th

Rosas Jr. vs. Mitchell
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
Mitchel has never seen a second round in his like 8 year career, including TUF. I wonder if he'll be shocked if he'll know what to do if he gets to a second round? Will he wander around until someone shows him the stool? Maybe he's terrified of Cutmen?

"I don't mean to intrude, But I am the Ocean."

leglock
leglock
  • Predictions:  552  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  35
  • Post Score: 43

09.13.2023 | 11:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 670th

Holland vs. Maddalena
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO, R3
Not the distance

Rosas Jr. vs. Mitchell
Raul Rosas Jr., TKO, R2
Not the distance

Padilla vs. Nelson
Fernando Padilla, TKO, R1
Not the distance

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, SUB, R1
Not the distance

Campbell vs. Reyes
Charlie Campbell, TKO, R1
Not the distance

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,726  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  156
  • Post Score: -3

09.13.2023 | 11:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 804th

Grasso vs. Shevchenko II
Valentina Shevchenko, SUB, R3
Valentina felt incredibly off last fight. This is a typical statement for rematches, immediate ones especially. I picked Valentina by Armbar round 3 last time. I'm picking her to come back looking like the absolutely focused Spy Assassin she is. She comes out strong with teaps, and feigns and jabs, I think she works in her grappling to showcase a full game early. Round 2, a little bit more of the same but now on the cage, knees to the body, and some huge shots land on the un-clinch. Grasso gets frustrated here but tries to stay cool, coaches are yelling. She goes for a takedown and gets stuffed. Bell rings as they both stand far from each other. Third round, Grasso is engaged for her gameplan, but the set ups have been planted. Valentina commands the center of the cage. She feigns a very slight takedown attempt but uses that momentum for a giant head kick that connects, Grasso plants and Shevchenko tackles her and grabs an RNC finish. AND NEW!!!!

Holland vs. Maddalena
Kevin Holland, SUB, R3
Rear Naked Choke. Legendary fight. Della gets hurt late, and Holland works from Side control. He hops on the back while Della tries to spin with him. It's an explosive finish.

Rosas Jr. vs. Mitchell
Raul Rosas Jr., DEC
They're just giving a toss up to Rosas Jr. Rosas will not look good on the feet once more, But it will be slightly better. Enough for Mitchell to fall for feigns. The takedowns work, and I think that the fight will keep going when there is hype to stop it. The 2nd round is interesting, It's going to showcase a few things. The gas tank of Rosas Jr vs Mitchell's, Can Rosas get him down again and maybe again. Terrence keeps it standing but gets too anxious to land a big blow, letting Rosas Jr. get underhooks. RRJr. Ends it this time getting better position in the center of the cage. TKO Punches Side control.

Zellhuber vs. Giagos
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
Split Dec 29-28x2, 28-29. I think Zell fades as this fight goes on.

Padilla vs. Nelson
Fernando Padilla, TKO, R1
Nelson can win this by decision, he comes in with a poor gameplan that puts him into harms reach too early and too often. He gets clipped by a knee from a young and learning Padilla.

Godinez vs. Reed
Lupita Godinez, SUB, R2
RNC, Loopy hurts Elise on the cage, Reed turns over, and Godinez easily takes what's given.

Kopylov vs. Fremd
Roman Kopylov, TKO, R2
Roman has his confidence back whereas the UFC lights do not affect him as they used to, his timing and attention to openings in his opponents defense. Beautiful TKO, Counter Hook and Lead Head Kick.

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, DEC
Lacerda has a real shot of getting this one done. However, A hard-fought, back and forth fight where both men can be tapped out or knocked out, this one goes to a split dec. Split 29-28x2, 27-30 for Pitbull.

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Tracy Cortez, DEC
Unironically this should be way up the card. Cortez has a sense of urgency right out of the gate and keeps up that momentum throughout the fight. She's up by 2 going into round 3 and both ladies are bloodied by the end of the bell, but with Jasmine's back to the cage the majority of the fight. 30-27x3 Uni. Great fight.

Campbell vs. Reyes
Charlie Campbell, TKO, R2
Late 2nd round TKO, leg kicks to ground and pound. Leg kicks build up and Reyes' inactivity is going to oust itself early on in the fight. Campbell will feed off of that energy.

Knutsson vs. Mann
Josefine Knutsson, DEC
30-27x2 29-28x1 Uni, Same gameplan but Knuttsson excels at it.

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,745
  • Post Score: 127

09.14.2023 | 2:17 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 670th

If Jazzy J wins, it's the biggest win in her career. If Kevin Holland wins, it's the biggest win in his career.

If Valentina wins, it might be the biggest win in her career. It would have to go up against beating Holly Holm in 2016 so probably not but it would be beating someone that beat her and at age 35. She was 28 when she beat Holm.
Nunes beat her twice so she got no win there to top it. She beat Liz Carmouche in 2019 after losing to her in 2010. I feel the time lapse and age gap on their second meeting makes it less meaningful than if she wins the rematch against grasso this weekend.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,597
  • Post Score: 261

09.14.2023 | 2:21 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 567th

If JDM wasn’t jumping Guilly in his last fight, he’ll be a -200 favourte right now

"Quack quack quack"

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Bobby Green, Eddie Hearn, Cedric Doumbe, Dmitry Salita in studio, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Will Usyk-Fury 2 Outcome Be Any Different?
  • MMA Junkie : Heili Alateng wants quick turnaround at UFC 303 after win over Kleydson Rodrigues
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Mad Hiding!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Curtis Blaydes says Tom Aspinall rematch is for ‘the real belt,’ Jon Jones won’t ‘risk his legacy’
  • UFC.com : UFC and Howler Head Extend Global Partnership
  • MMA Mania : Bait And Switch! Silva Faces Sonnen In ‘Grand Finale’
  • Jits Magazine : Top Brazilian Competitors Battle It Out At IBJJF Floripa Fall Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Hope You Enjoy My Money!’
  • MMA Mania : Is He Back? McGregor Nearly Destroys Sparring Partner
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva set to box Chael Sonnen in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Bruised’: Does Halle Berry deliver the best MMA fight scene ever?
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Nolan: First UFC win was 'make or break' moment, relieved to overcome mental adversity
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 92
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 adds another fight to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler undercard
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall, Bobby Green all favored to win in UFC 304 opening odds
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Oleksandr Usyk's epic walkout for undisputed boxing title fight vs. Tyson Fury
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Vs. Fury 2 Targeted For Oct. 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg wants top opponent after quick finish at UFC St. Louis, eyes Jamahal Hill at UFC 303