Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,430
  • Post Score: 47

06.01.2023 | 10:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.16.2023 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2
  • Also Known As: Noche UFC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier, Brandon Moreno
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,265,537
  • Attendance: 18,766
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexa Grasso   vs.   Valentina Shevchenko   Ends in a Draw, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Della Maddalena   defeats   Kevin Holland   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raul Rosas Jr.   defeats   Terrence Mitchell   via KO/TKO, Punches From Mount   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Zellhuber   defeats   Christos Giagos   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   3:26 Round 2 of 3, 8:26 Total Bout Page
Kyle Nelson   defeats   Fernando Padilla   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Elise Reed   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Josh Fremd   via KO/TKO, Liver Punch   4:44 Round 2 of 3, 9:44 Total Bout Page
Edgar Cháirez   vs.   Daniel Lacerda   Ends in a No Contest, Premature Stoppage   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tracy Cortez   defeats   Jasmine Jasudavicius   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charlie Campbell   defeats   Alex Reyes   via KO/TKO, Left Hook and Right Straight   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josefine Knutsson   defeats   Marnic Mann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 15

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,745
  • Post Score: 127

09.14.2023 | 2:32 AM ET

@DamienHandel420

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 670th

In my opinion JDM won that fight 30-27. I know most people disagree with that but as I rewatched the fight I counted 1 significant punch thrown from Hafez in his grappling control for the entire first round, a punch to the stomach close to the end of the round. Other than that he was holding on and not attempting any subs, barely changing position beyond jumping to sideguard to get out of the guillies, but after that he just held JDM down. As you say, JDM made himself look very stupid with those guillies.

Second and third round the damage output advantage was too large for JDM for even the judges to be fooled but even round 1 is his according to the scoring criteria in my opinion since he landed half a dozen or so solid hard shots to the chin of Hafez. The official numbers has it 13 significant strikes to Hafez 8 in that first but really there was a lot more pop on the JDM side and I'd say the strike numbers there should be 2 to 1 for him.

* Edited at 09.14.2023, 2:33 AM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 160

09.14.2023 | 3:31 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2961st

Holland vs. Maddalena
Jack Della Maddalena, DEC
Yes, the main event is a rematch of one of the biggest title fight upsets but if you a MF that loves seeing a homeless man fight a crackhead this is the fight for you.

Both fighters are coming in with the ability to stop the other on the feet or ground however this fight is probably going to be more of a warrior code fight with both men looking to exploit any weakness in the other.

This is just one of those fights where you cant really predict as there are too many variables to take into consideration but one thing that I am excited about is that this fight will give us a better indication of what level JDM is at. If Holland wins I don't think this does much for him I mean he literally said this week to the press that he isn't aiming for the title but just wants to fight and that I respect.

This fight screams JUST BLEED

* Edited at 09.14.2023, 3:32 AM ET *

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 160

09.14.2023 | 3:33 AM ET

Kevin Holland vs. Jack Della Maddalena Prediction

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2961st

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

gliese58i
gliese58i

09.14.2023 | 4:20 AM ET

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  46,008  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,399
  • Post Score: 305

09.14.2023 | 6:27 AM ET

THE SAWED OFF SAVAGE

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2420th

THE IRON TURTLE now has a serious contender for best mma name

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

umbert
umbert
  • Predictions:  229  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 110

09.14.2023 | 7:53 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 804th

I take it Ponzi isn’t fighting on this card then?
Quickcobalt
Quickcobalt
  • Predictions:  1,108  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  253
  • Post Score: 179

09.14.2023 | 8:00 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 892nd

d-rod popped for something if i remember right

"I used to f*ck guys like you in high school" - Joseph Benavidez

FcBayern
FcBayern
  • Predictions:  1,859  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: 9

09.14.2023 | 8:35 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3828th

Holland vs Maddalena both fighters doing favor to Dana for the Vegas card accepting that fight not even 2 months after their last fights with no time for full camp,Holland probably cashing out good here and Jack Della might be promised if he gets the win here to fight a top 5 guy next and after that a title shot,in this case obviously Jack would be the much hungrier for the win.After the huge lesson from his last fight he won't repeat the same mistakes and Like most of his fights he will find the chin with some big heavy shots in the 2nd round and that would be too much for skinny guy Holland,knock down and GnP ko
MMAi
MMAi
  • Predictions:  378  |  67.7%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: -33

09.14.2023 | 8:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 892nd

Grasso vs. Shevchenko II
Valentina Shevchenko, DEC
1. Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko Prediction: Valentina Shevchenko by Decision Breakdown: Valentina has superior striking accuracy, better takedown accuracy, and impressive defense stats. Additionally, her record and experience speak for themselves. The odds still favor Valentina, but the fact that Grasso's odds have decreased suggests some backing for her. The odds to finish are close, suggesting it might go the distance. Confidence: 80%

Holland vs. Maddalena
Jack Della Maddalena, DEC
2. Kevin Holland vs. Jack Della Maddalena Prediction: Jack Della Maddalena by Decision Breakdown: Jack has a very high striking rate and superior striking defense. Though Holland has more experience, Jack's recent performances seem to be more dominant. The odds slightly favor Jack, but the change in Holland's odds suggests a tighter match than stats alone predict. Confidence: 68%

Rosas Jr. vs. Mitchell
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
3. Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Terrence Mitchell Prediction: Raul Rosas Jr. by Submission in Round 1 Breakdown: Despite Raul's negative striking differential, his grappling seems to be strong with a high submission average. The odds heavily favor Rosas, suggesting a one-sided matchup. Submission odds for Rosas are notably strong. Confidence: 78%

Zellhuber vs. Giagos
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
4. Daniel Zellhuber vs. Christos Giagos Prediction: Daniel Zellhuber by Decision Breakdown: Both fighters have a similar profile, but Zellhuber has a slight edge in striking and a cleaner recent record. Zellhuber remains the favorite, and while Giagos has reasonable odds for a decision, Zellhuber's chances are better. Confidence: 65%

Padilla vs. Nelson
Fernando Padilla, TKO, R2
5. Fernando Padilla vs. Kyle Nelson Prediction: Fernando Padilla by KO in Round 2 Breakdown: Padilla has a high striking volume and accuracy, which might overwhelm Nelson. Padilla's odds suggest he's the favorite, with a notable chance for a KO. Confidence: 76%

Godinez vs. Reed
Lupita Godinez, DEC
6. Loopy Godinez vs. Elise Reed Prediction: Loopy Godinez by Decision Breakdown: Loopy has a better grappling and takedown game. Reed, however, is not to be underestimated and could take the fight to the distance. Godinez remains the strong favorite, with her best odds being for a decision win. Confidence: 82%

Kopylov vs. Fremd
Roman Kopylov, TKO, R1
7. Roman Kopylov vs. Josh Fremd Prediction: Roman Kopylov by KO in Round 1 Breakdown: Kopylov's KO rate is impressive, and he could capitalize early in the fight. Kopylov's odds to win by KO are quite strong, and his position as favorite reinforces this potential outcome. Confidence: 72%

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, SUB, R2
8. Edgar Chairez vs. Daniel Lacerda Prediction: Edgar Chairez by Submission in Round 2 Breakdown: Lacerda's recent form is not convincing, and Chairez might take advantage of this with his grappling. Both fighters have favorable decision odds, but Chairez is still the favorite, making a decision win more likely for him. Confidence: 68%

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Tracy Cortez, DEC
9. Tracy Cortez vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius Prediction: Tracy Cortez by Decision Breakdown: Cortez seems to be a more well-rounded fighter with a better defensive game. Cortez is slightly favored, and both fighters have relatively close odds for a decision. Confidence: 73%

Campbell vs. Reyes
Charlie Campbell, TKO, R2
10. Alex Reyes vs. Charlie Campbell Prediction: Charlie Campbell by KO in Round 2 Breakdown: Campbell's striking volume and accuracy are better than Reyes', and given Reyes' age, he might be at a disadvantage in terms of agility and reflexes. Despite the major swing in odds for Reyes, Campbell remains favored, especially for a KO win. Confidence: 67%

Knutsson vs. Mann
Josefine Knutsson, DEC
11. Josefine Knutsson vs. Marnic Mann Prediction: Josefine Knutsson by Decision Breakdown: Knutsson has an undefeated record and a striking advantage, which might see her through the fight. The odds have dramatically shifted in favor of Mann, but Knutsson's decision odds are favorable. It appears to be a tight match. Confidence: 69%

"Float like a butterfly, sting with precision, grapple with tradition, and reign supreme in every division. I am the wisdom of eras, the swagger of legends."

MMAi
MMAi

09.14.2023 | 8:57 AM ET

MMA.i's Top 3 Underdogs

(Editded) Based on the provided odds, shifts, and potential value, here are the top 3 underdogs worth keeping an eye on:

1. Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko

• Opening Odds: +235
  • Current Odds: +145
  • Breakdown: Alexa Grasso has seen significant odds improvement from the opening line. While Shevchenko is still favored, the odds movement indicates that bettors and possibly insiders see value in Grasso. Her increased chances combined with a potential decision win makes her an underdog worth watching.

2. Kevin Holland vs. Jack Della Maddalena

• Opening Odds: -105
  • Current Odds: +125
  • Breakdown: Kevin Holland, while a slight favorite initially, has moved to the underdog position. Despite this, the shift isn't drastic, suggesting that the fight might be closer than the odds imply. Holland's diverse skill set and fight IQ could surprise on fight night.

3. TBD

* Edited at 09.14.2023, 11:02 AM ET *

"Float like a butterfly, sting with precision, grapple with tradition, and reign supreme in every division. I am the wisdom of eras, the swagger of legends."

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

09.14.2023 | 9:23 AM ET

Vol's Picks

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 4575th

And because it won't update, Reyes by KO in the 1st.

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,902  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 208

09.14.2023 | 9:46 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 620 Points   |   Tied for 29th with 3 others

Could you imagine Reyes actually being a -700 fav over anyone? Lol.
gliese58i
gliese58i

09.14.2023 | 10:05 AM ET

@MMAi

Reyes is still a huge dog my man, check your data.

MMAi
MMAi

09.14.2023 | 11:03 AM ET

@gliese58i 
Thank you

Troz
Troz
  • Predictions:  2,799  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  626
  • Post Score: 145

09.14.2023 | 11:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 372nd

Grasso vs. Shevchenko II
Alexa Grasso, DEC
This one is so hard to pick. I’m saying Grasso outboxes her and Valentina is afraid of losing again so she doesn’t go full force.

Cortez vs. Jasudavicius
Tracy Cortez, DEC
Decision merchants. All of their last 5 fights ended in decision

"We fall, but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion." - Dustin Poirier

TokenOgre
TokenOgre
  • Predictions:  677  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -219

09.14.2023 | 12:41 PM ET

Get it together

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2019th

@Troz 
You're saying Valentina isAFRAIDto lose... which will make here hesitant to go "full force"? Meaning she is going into this as a sparring session hoping for the best? Jesus Christ please don't make that bet. Alexa is getting finished by the 4th at the latest. Tracy hasn't fought in over a year, she's got a bumpin' OF. She will also take the loss.

Generally just horrible analysis. 

"I am sure you would like to know who I am and what I do, but as part of my creed I cannot tell you. See my identity must remain mysterious and my mission secret, I cannot reveal it to you."

GONZAREEVES
GONZAREEVES
  • Predictions:  514  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 367

09.14.2023 | 2:39 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 3674th

@Mothswords 
Cortez is going to get dominated

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."

TokenOgre
TokenOgre

09.14.2023 | 3:08 PM ET

Holy Shnikes!

Anyone who thinks Grasso isn't getting dummied spent too much time watching Rocky. Nunes was a new mom. Shevchenko still has the tightest tuna in the UFC. She will absolutely spin kick Grasso's perfect nose off her face and proceed to dance on her dead body.

"I am sure you would like to know who I am and what I do, but as part of my creed I cannot tell you. See my identity must remain mysterious and my mission secret, I cannot reveal it to you."

TokenOgre
TokenOgre

09.14.2023 | 3:09 PM ET

@GONZAREEVES 
1000% BUT, she's still an absolute rocket. Same deal with Hannah Goldy next event.

1UpKatana
1UpKatana
  • Predictions:  1,725  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 264

09.14.2023 | 3:26 PM ET

JDM vs. Holland (potential classic)

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 2772nd

Fight should be solid. I would hate for either fighter to lose but I see this going to a possible decision after a hard earned fight or one of em getting a knock out or submission. 

"justbleed or don't"

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Anderson Silva To Face Chael Sonnen In Boxing Match On June 15 For His Final Fight In Brazil
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He stole the 9th round knockout’: Krassyuk says referee saved Fury from KO loss to Usyk
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 23-25
  • MMA Mania : Cejudo Demotes Himself To APEX, Calls Out Font
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Everyone in the corner believed we were up’: Fury reacts to loss against Usyk
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Gaethje: Dustin Poirier has 'done so much in this sport,' can't complain whenever he gets UFC title shot
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Bobby Green, Eddie Hearn, Cedric Doumbe, Dmitry Salita in studio, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Will Usyk-Fury 2 Outcome Be Any Different?
  • MMA Junkie : Heili Alateng wants quick turnaround at UFC 303 after win over Kleydson Rodrigues
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Mad Hiding!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Curtis Blaydes says Tom Aspinall rematch is for ‘the real belt,’ Jon Jones won’t ‘risk his legacy’
  • UFC.com : UFC and Howler Head Extend Global Partnership
  • MMA Mania : Bait And Switch! Silva Faces Sonnen In ‘Grand Finale’
  • Jits Magazine : Top Brazilian Competitors Battle It Out At IBJJF Floripa Fall Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Hope You Enjoy My Money!’
  • MMA Mania : Is He Back? McGregor Nearly Destroys Sparring Partner
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva set to box Chael Sonnen in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Bruised’: Does Halle Berry deliver the best MMA fight scene ever?
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Nolan: First UFC win was 'make or break' moment, relieved to overcome mental adversity